Friday, September 12, 2008

Well Duh---

I am in Grande Prairie---it is called Grande Prairie because it is in a Prairie, a big flat beautiful prairie! Almost no hills, certainly none worth mention. In addition, I had a little tailwind much of the day, so arrived easily by 3:00 this afternoon. I knew I would have a day like this eventually! Tomorrow I am off for Grande Cache, and I think at least a portion of the day will be similar to today.

One little mishap today---I pulled off on a side road to do what a fella has to do occasionally, and it was gumbo clay mud that instantly covered the tired, gummed up the brakes, filled the forks, and made a terrible mess. I spent 15 minutes cleaning it off somewhat with a stick, and fortunately found a car wash a few miles further down the road. Interestingly, I don't really like being in a "city," as Grande Prairie has 50,000 folks . . . a little dicey getting around by bike!

No comments: