Monday, September 22, 2008

OK, I Admit It, I Conveniently Forgot

What did I forget? I forgot how hilly it is along the big lakes in Canada...no, it is not a mountain pass, but there are lots of plenty big hills, and it's raining, and I am ready to be home now---

All of which are good things, really, especially from Sheila's view----I think she is pretty happy that I want to be home! I am still hoping to make it on Thursday. Looking at the mileage it looks like it should be a piece of cake, but riding in the rain really slows things down. I find it next to impossible to get into a good rhythm that can be sustained for an hour or two----let alone three or four hours. Once you get wet through, I just start thinking about where I can stop and get dried out a bit.

On the bright side, I just had lunch at the "Middle Earth Cafe" in Nakusp. If you are ever here, do stop in----the decorating is superb, the owner and his wife friendly, and the food great! I see a little break in the rain (it poured while I had lunch) so I am going to hit the road. I should know pretty much for sure tomorrow night if I will make the Thursday arrival date. I hope so!

No comments: