Monday, September 8, 2008

More Kind Folks

Paul called tonight to report that he got a bit of a late start because he was visiting with the kind folks at the Friendship Inn. There was quite a discussion about what to carry to ward off the bears. The seasoned citizen of Canada said that the first choice should be a gun, the second choice should be a gun, and the third choice should be a gun. Since that is not a possibility for Paul traveling in Canada, this gentleman said bear mace was the next in line and proceeded to give Paul some to take with him. Apparently this stuff works pretty well in the aerosol state, but it is "pepper spray," and there are reports that bears like the smell/taste of it if it is sprayed around camp. So I guess they like spicy food, eh? Why am I not reassured that Paul now has this stuff with him?!
Off Paul went over more rolling hills with lots of wind and some rain. He landed at another road house and still has high hopes of making Dawson City in a couple more days.
Godspeed Paulio. xoxo

1 comment:

me said...

I am amazed at the accomplishments and determination! I'm happy this blog was sent to me so I can stay in touch! Thinking of you all...