Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rain to Start, Rain to Finish

I am in Revelstoke, and it is raining. I just stopped and threw all my clothes into a dryer, so for the moment I am dry. I still hope to make Nakusp tonight and Ainsworth tomorrow.

Rogers pass was big. My friend Doug Beu (who kindly delivered me to the airport to commence this journey) had assured me that he had driven it not long ago and was sure it wouldn't be bad. Hmmm---well OK, I guess , but it was LLLooooonnngggg and steep and there were the tunnels, but other than that, it was darn pretty, and very satisfying to reach the top of my last mountain climb.

I am satisfied! I purposely chose the route I did to take in the mountains. I am very satisfied with the mountain experience----don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I am "sick of them," just that I feel I have had enough for now. Some things (eating pizza, for example), it is good to do until you really don't want any more. I feel inside kind of like a morning cup of coffee that you poured a little to full, and need to quickly take a sip or it will spill over. Surely it will fade as these things do, but I feel all filled up!

No comments: