Thursday, August 28, 2008

Whitehorse, Capital of the Yukon

Today started out wet with full rain gear for the first 6 hours of my 9 hour ride. The last three it stopped raining, and it sure felt food to peel of the wet rain gear, and let the layers beneath "air dry." The wildlife sighting for the day was a wolf......well maybe it was a big coyote, I really couldn't be positive.

I am very glad to be 1/4 of the way through this adventure, and am thinking the weather might get better...The next stop down the road is Teslin, about 110 miles from here. Then 165 miles to Watson Lake, but I will try to divide that distance into more managable bites! The next stop after Watson Lake is one of the things that I have been looking forward to very much, Laird Hot Springs! The following link was posted by a motorhome traveler, and is quite good if you are interested in hot springs, as I am!
www.motorhometraveler.com/Alaska_Highway/Laird-River-Hot-Springs.html

It is late now, and I may post again tomorrow. Thanks to Dave and Sheila for all the help making this an interesting read.

No comments: