Friday, August 29, 2008

Rest Day

Friday---blissful rest day. I was able to find a massage for my tired legs. Thanks to Bill Gibson!
I washed and lubed my trusty steed again, followed by a visit to Phillipe LeBlonde, bicycle mechanic extraordinaire and sculptor. Very interesting fellow----you might find reference to him on the web if you are interested. He tweaked my front gears a bit, as they were getting a bit balky. My heart rate monitor has ceased to work, so I am trying to follow in my middle son's footsteps and effect a repair with nothing but my Leathermans tool. And why do I care, you might ask? Knowing my heart rate helps me to know how I am doing....for example, if I am slowing down, and my "perceived exertion" is high, but my heart rate is low, that might mean I have not eaten/fueled enough, or that I am just plain toasted. If my heart rate is still where it should be in relation to the level of exertion, then I know that I just need to "buck up" and keep pedalling! (Probably more information than most of you care about....but there is is.

Weather update----it has rained hard today. Not all day, but there have been some very heavy periods of rain, so I am hoping once again that tomorrow will be better.

No comments: